Expect to see shortcut keys like Ctrl + Alt + Del and Alt + F4? Nah. This is a list of no common sense and little-known computer tips you will actually use.
1. To open Chrome’s built-in task manager: Press Shift + Esc. Extremely useful when Chrome freezes.
2. To remove specific suggestion: Select the suggestion, then press Shift + Delete. Go and delete your how to shave my embarrassing searches now.
3. To drag multiple tabs to a new window: Press Ctrl + Click on tabs you want to move. Do the same to move multiple tabs to an existing window.
5. To access your address bar directly: Press F6 or Ctrl + L.
6. To access blocked web page: Go to Google Translate, paste the URL, select source language as other language, select destination language as the web page’s language, click Translate. Free web proxy.
7. To close a tab: Middle click on it.
8. To view articles with slideshows or multiple pages: Press Print or Ctrl + P.
9. To open all web pages of a bookmark folder: Middle click on the folder.
10. To reset to the default Window size of your web page after zooming: Press Ctrl + 0.
11. To highlight text in a web page: Click on the starting point, then press Shift + Click on the ending point. No more mouse dragging especially long text highlights.
12. To fit more bookmarks: Remove all text. Only the favicon is visible now.
13. You can undo send your mail in Gmail. Turn it on now just in case!
14. When researching products, type [product name] vs to compare with their rival products.
15. To open Task Manager directly with one hand: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc. You’re welcome.
16. To minimize every open windows except yours: Shake your active window. Do the same to maximize all windows. You sneaky Microsoft.
17. To freeze Task Manager: Hold Ctrl key. Useful for inspecting specific processes.
18. To capture the exact steps you take and document it nicely: Search psr to open Problem Steps Recorder. Try it now and you’ll be amazed.
19. To take a screenshot of the active window only: Press Alt + Print Screen. Bye Snipping Tool.
20. To delete one word at a time: Press Ctrl + Backspace.
21. To open applications on the taskbar: Press Windows key + Sequence number of the application. Do the same to minimize/maximize it.
22. To paste text without formatting: Press Ctrl + Shift + V.
23. To rename a file: Press F2. Works for multiple file too, which will append “(1), (2), etc.” at the end.
24. Open your Calculator and select View. Calculate your mortgage payment, fuel economy, vehicle lease payment, and more.
Read the full story: http://carlcheo.com/computer-tips-and-tricks