When it comes to local SEO, This info graphic covering ranking factors is very accurate. Citations still play a big part, however, I have ranked local sights with as little as two to three citations. Many people say that reviews are a ranking factor, however, in my testing I have not seen any movement from reviews. I do think that it will become more and more important to have several reviews and also goo reviews. One of the biggest ranking factors that I have seen is proper GMB Google My Business setup including category setup, geo tagging images, posting regularly from within the Google My Business dashboard, and many more such as:
- Generating Geo Relevance – There are several on page and off page factors to ensure that google finds you geographically relevant.
- Local Links – Links for other local websites can be more powerful than links from sites with high domain authority and trust flow.
- Branding – ensuring that your brand is captured across all social media and that you are active on all of the important ones.
- Schema Markup – personally i like J-SON LD for local business schema markup
- Embedding your google map on your website.
- Many, many more.
Embedded from World Class Media